“Work from home is over as Apple demands staff return to the office”
“Work from home is here to stay as workers demand new flexible working”
Both of these headlines were published in the same month. With everyone having a hot take on the work from home (WFH) trend, it’s hard to know what’s happening.
Does it matter? Well, yes if you’re in the business of selling office furniture. The continuation of WFH means that millions more customers are in the market for your products and the dynamics of the market have changed.
To find out the truth about WFH, we partnered with Evolved – the best large search agency in Europe – to look at the data and see what that told us.
- Data from office providers, job postings, city centre cameras and golf courses (yes, golf courses) provides an insight into what’s really happening in the WFH market.
- Search demand for home office products like desks, chairs and lamps remains well above pre Pandemic levels
- An explosion of back problems as hit the market as workers spend more time and less ergonomic set ups
- And demand for ergonomic products continues to exceed pre Covid levels
The furniture sector in the UK is dominated by big high street players. Argos, Ikea and John Lewis rank well for key terms connected to the home office.
But there is space for niche players. Manufacturers who focus on a small range of products can sell direct to consumer effectively by focusing on their strengths
- Solve a problem better
- Personal customer service
- Win with a technically better website
- Use social media with purpose
To find out what’s going on in the market and how your business can take advantage of the growth in demand, download the home office report today.
At Eximo Marketing, we work with manufacturers who want to start selling their products direct to consumers. Find out more about working with us or get in touch with Andi Jarvis today.
REQUEST A COPY
- Drop in a few details below and we'll email you a copy of the report.
- You won't be bombarded with emails. We'll contact you with the report and with some key findings from the report.
- Hit subscribe when you're done and we'll do the rest.